Wednesday, August 27, 2008

August 27, 2008. Today is our 30th (yes 30!) month anniversary since LID. I haven't really posted about the long wait in awhile but I think a 2 1/2 year anniversary is worthy. Plus, today was our 3rd fingerprinting appointment. How timely is that? I didn't really realize that it was on the 30 month anniversary until after we were finished but once I double checked the date and saw that, I had a plan. This time, instead of going to Atlanta we went to Florida. But first let me digress.... I had a meltdown Tuesday night. I came home and decided I would cook our favorite pasta dish. I was doing just fine until I got the mincing the garlic and suddenly felt a sting on my thumb. That's when I realized that I had cut my thumb. I was not enough to bleed but was certainly cut in two places. I called Geoff and told him I was about to cry and what had happened. He told me it was fine and to not worry. Well, I cried. And cried. Every single time we have gone to Atlanta, the first thing they did was make us hold out our hands to check for cuts! All I could imagine was making ANOTHER trip to good ole' Florida and ME having to come back! I just couldn't bare that thought, much less another week of waiting to get this done! Short story is it was okay and the lady didn't even notice my cuts!

So after our appointment, we went to a really cool outdoor mall in Jacksonville called the St. John's Town Center. It has a Pottery Barn Kids and all kinds of cool little shops! As we walked up, we saw a PF Chang's and decided that we should eat there and celebrate our LAST fingerprinting appointment and the 30 month milestone. (Who would have ever thought that we could celebrate after waiting THIS long! But at least at this point, we are definitely on the down side of the wait!). We toasted our iced sweet teas and ordered a bunch of Chinese food that was delicious!!

Despite it all, it turned out to be a really nice day. Then we came home and had dinner at Sara and Chris' house and played with Brennen. We both still have a feeling our time will be December. Of course, it's not as soon as we wished for but it's finally in sight. I get so emotional these days that I just about can't mention the adoption without my eyes welling up with tears. I can only imagine what a mess I will be when we finally see our precious little daughter. She IS worth the wait...every single second!

1 comment:

Alyson and Ford said...

Happy, happy LID Anniversary! We live near JAX, wish we could have met up with you. Glad all went well. Wishing you a referral before December... it is a very GOOD feeling!!

Alyson
LID 01/27/06
DOR 08/12/08