Friday, July 29, 2011

Last Weekend before “Back to School!”

I can’t believe it is the eve of the end of Summer vacation.  I have really not posted like I should and have no excuses except that I just needed a break in routine and have just enjoyed our daily life without being connected to a computer every day. 

This last week has flown by with last minute appointments and rainy days (also filled with much smokiness from the local fires that have plagued us this year).  Last Saturday was Lj’s last day of t-ball.  She never totally warmed up to the idea of playing in a group but her last bat was awesome!  She did it all by herself and whacked it out there good!  She even ran the bases. 

IMG_3396 Here with teammate Brennen… two reluctant players!

IMG_3397

IMG_3398 

IMG_3400

I got Brennen’s big hit, but missed Lj’s! Brennen has all the makings of a very talented ball player!

After church on Sunday, we went to lunch and then headed back to the fountain at Ellis Square so that Geoff could see Lj play in the water.  Lj had other ideas.  She really just wanted us to get wet with her.  But gracious, just look at that tan!  I promise I put 70+ on her every time we go outside!

IMG_3404

IMG_3405

Then today I had a hair appointment and afterwards we came home and took a long lazy summer afternoon nap together.  Talk about pure bliss!  Snuggling with my little snuggle bunny in the cool air conditioning is awesome!  After we woke up, Lexi said that she needed some “chocky-milk and her t-B (aka… tv)”.  I told her that I could do that if she would give me one thing… a kiss on each cheek.  So she jumps up heads to my face and then sticks out her tongue and LICKS my cheek!  Lil’ Stinker!  She knew exactly what she was doing. She has her own ideas about everything!

Summer has been awesome but I also like routines.  Lexi and I will both be getting back into the swing of things come Sunday night.  I do hope to find some time for fun between now and then.  As I type this she has just provided one more story.  The other day we were at Mom’s and I didn’t have her “blankie” so we borrowed the one we keep at Mom’s for the ride.  Her “blankie” from home has not been washed in a few days so it is much more “fragrant”.  The one from Mom’s was freshly washed and clean.  So we’ve ended up with both “blankies” at our house this week.  Lexi prefers the “dirty” blankie to the clean one.  She says it smells better… to us it is just nasty grossy-grossy! But today she has been asking for the dirty blankie.  She just asked her daddy to hand her the “dirty blankie” and he was confused.  I had to let him in on the dirty vs. clean blankie.  Needless to say… both blankies need a bath at this point and will get one over the weekend.  I just pray that she will not be taking “blankie” on her honeymoon someday!

No comments: