Friday, January 23, 2009

Two Little Letters Bring Much Joy!



It's been a crazy BUSY last few days or else this post would have been up already... but on Wednesday on the way to the FL Technology Conference, I got a call from Mei to tell us that we have TRAVEL APPROVAL! (Otherwise known to the adoption community as TA!)Travel approval means that we can now request a Visa appointment and plan for travel dates. I was so hoping that we would get TA before Chinese New Year but was doubtful! I was even more amazed when I have not seen any other TA's coming on the RQ site.

If all goes well, we could be traveling on FEBRUARY 13TH!!! 3, COUNT THEM 3 WEEKS from now! There I was riding in a van with 3 other people from my school getting this news and of course I cried with JOY! I had to call Geoff and give him the news. The best I can describe it is he "gulped"! It was like it just took his breath away! He just couldn't believe it. I could just hear the surprise and happiness in his voice and in hearing his breathing!

Every little milestone just brings us closer to Lexi! It's such a wonderful feeling! Our next milestone is getting our I800 from USCIS. We have the I800a which is basically preapproval and the I800 is approval. Imagine that the US government having duplicate paperwork! Our application is at USCIS and should be back soon but technically, Mei should have both of those papers at the time of the Visa application so we are not sure if we will get to leave on the 13th yet. We are not sure when we will find out either. Hopefully soon!

Ah, the hoops we jump through to get to our LJ! All are certainly worth it but we just want her home!

5 comments:

Yvonne said...

Oh boy how exciting!!! Thanks for the update~!

Linda said...

Yay!! Another hurdle down... I'm happy for you and with any luck you will leaving on a jet plane on the 13th...Will be watching your journey. Linda

Wanda, Geoff and Lexi said...

Linda and Yvonne, we are certainly hoping and praying for the next spot to travel!! Such a wild and crazy ride this adoption ride is... but yet so WORTH IT!!!

LJ... here we come!

Alyson and Ford said...

Such excitement! Hang on! It has been a long time since our OHGWQ fabric swaps! Finally you will have Lexi!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

mimi's mommy said...

Valentine's Day in China! How appropriate. I still can't wait to see her beautiful little face. You are all in our thoughts and prayers.
Mwah,
The Reeds,
Carol, Bill and Emily Rose