Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Ten Months Down

Well, here we are again... the "anniversary" of our log in date. 10 months down. 10 months of wanting, wishing, praying, hoping, and patiently waiting. At least at this point I am fairly certain that we are more than half way to Lexi. After our agency comes back from the holidays, we will begin the refingerprinting process. To do this, we have to get our homestudy updated. This means another trip to Atlanta for fingerprints, probably another visit from our homestudy provider, and of course more money. It's not even paying more money that bugs me. It's the fact that our country is aware that international adoptions take time. The approval is only good for 18 months. This is insane. You know teachers have to have background checks and be fingerprinted in GA. ONCE. You can see where I'm going with this. I've read that it's taking up to 3 months or more to get the fingerprints from Atlanta. That's why we are going to get busy with updating at the beginning of January. Our fingerprints expire in early March. I was really hoping the paperwork part was behind us. Not so. I guess getting this part done in January will be my new milestone to get over. All of this reminds me of the Eric Carle story "Slowly, Slowly, Slowly, said the sloth". Ever so slowly we're getting there.

2 comments:

Dannye said...

Slowly but surely,and with great precision.

Happy 10th LID-versary!! I just know things will speed up and we all will get our referrals very soon (okay maybe I don't know, but a girl can have high hopes and dreams can't she???)

Suz said...

Wanda, what is the projected time right now for China adoption from LID to referral?

Another question, is there anyone who has taken the gauntlet from Mary-Mia in keeping a centralized tally of referrals etc?

I am a Russian adoption mommy interested in China (maybe a 3rd?)