Friday, January 18, 2008

Glimpse into the future???

Yesterday morning I was working with 3 students in my computer lab when one of my dear friends (who is a county techie that helps me all the time) popped in for the first time this week. I was working with the students on a Media Festival project during a free class period. It so happened that one of the students was a Vietnamese girl. Well, when she popped her head in I immediately started asking her where she had been and that I missed seeing her this week. She didn't really respond. She just stood there looking at us and then finally said, "I'm sorry, I just had a glimpse of the future." I was confused of course but then it dawned on me. I looked at the little girl and told her I understood. She saw me with the student and was thinking of me with Lexi in the future. What a sweet thought! I explained to the student what we were talking about and she told me that she would still be at our school this year when we get Lexi. I'll certainly have to show her a picture of Lexi. This child by the way is so sweet and smart. She is 8 years old and can type with both hands as well as I can and yet she has had no formal typing training. It's amazing! Anyhow, it was a nice thought and a nice sentiment by my friend. Lexi is in our future... it's just a matter of time. (((*sigh* )))

No comments: