Sunday, February 12, 2012

True Heros

Here is a post I’d like to share from FB.  My brother in law is in Afghanistan.  He found out this week that my sister’s hair was falling out and she had just shaved it to just speed the inevitable. This morning John posted this very uplifting photo and post. 

423343_372224419455275_173035799374139_1604159_742521374_n

KABUL, Afghanistan - Task Force Hydra Soldiers show their support for
Command Sg...t. Maj. John E. Smiley's wife Carolyn R. Smiley, who began her 2nd Chemotherapy treatment session this week. 40 male Soldiers shaved their heads in support of Carolyn who has had to do so because of the treatment.
Carolyn was diagnosed with breast cancer over Veteran's Day weekend this past year and has been undergoing cancer treatment since.
"This is great and unreal," said Command Sgt. Maj. Smiley of the support
shown by the 648th Soldiers. "I never expected this much support, it's
overwhelming."
HHC, 648th MEB 878th Engineer Battalion Georgia National Guard 348th Brigade Support BattalionSee More

‎2LT Pippins

By: ‎648th MEB

Small acts of kindness can mean the world to someone else. It can uplift them on a bad day and let them know that they do not have to face difficulties alone. I really must find something to do for these men in appreciation.  What a great way to meet the day today.  Reading this post has really touched my heart!

1 comment:

mhsands said...

That is extraordinary! Ruined my mascara, but blessed my heart!