Saturday, March 10, 2007

Pigs, pigs, and more pigs!


I've been meaning to post this picture for a few weeks now. It was a gift from my dear friends Melane and Melissa. They gave me this porcelin Miss Piggy and sweet note for Chinese New Year. I love that they put "It's my year" on the front of the card. I thought it was extra special of them to think of me and care enough to even know it's the Year of the Pig. It's just sweetness. Pure and Simple. Thanks so much M & M!



Speaking of Pigs...



My JanuaryDTC group decided to have a Year of the Pig Swap. I have always loved pigs. I used to have an entire week of pig-themed activities link around books with pig characters. That was before National Child Left Behind and when they let us make decisions as educators as to how we wanted to teach skills. (That's another story.) Anyhow, I gathered all kinds of things to send to my swap partner. I saw some cute onesies and t-shirts on the internet but they were quite expensive so I opted to "borrow" the idea and made my own. I made Lexi some too. I thought they turned out really cute.





Onsie front...
Onsie back...
T-shirt #1 front...
t-shirt #1 back
T-shirt #2
Oh, the fun we have passing the time!

No comments: