Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring Break just keeps slipping away…

You know I just don’t recall a Spring Break with this much miserable weather in all my 23 years of teaching.  We began it with raging wild fires one county away where my sister, niece, and daughter live.  According to the news the fire burned the equivalent of 2000 football fields!  Thank God there was no lives lost and only one home burned.  The rain was welcome to help put out the hot spots that lingered after days of burning woods.  The last few days of rain has been the most helpful but even still they warn for no one to burn anything. 

Then I’ve been worried constantly about my Uncle David in SC.  He’s been very ill and it’s been touch and go every day.  I’ve kept my mind open to the idea of heading up to SC at any notice to help in any way I can. My cousin is an only child and I can only imagine the stress she is under trying to be strong under such conditions.  Last night as I lay in bed, I couldn’t sleep and just had worries for so many things run through my mind.  It finally dawned on me that the only way to really get through it all is to just put it in God’s hands so that is what I prayed and that was what finally eased my mind to finally get some rest.

This afternoon, Lj and I made a quick run to the grocery store and ran into the wife our family dr.  I thanked her for all the good things he does for my Daddy and told her how grateful I am that he cares so much.  I guess it weighs on my mind tonight the drama we all face and the worries we all worry but in the end we need to trust our Lord and recognize and be thankful for the goodness in those we share moments in time with on this earth.  And of course, every single day of my life and many times each day, I am thankful, blessed and grateful for the presence of our precious daughter in my life and her wonderful daddy.  I have no new picture for today but I’ll find an old unposted one just for good measure!  She beautiful today, yesterday, and forever.

IMG_2143

IMG_2140

Ahhh… yes… a recent photo of the newest bathing suit purchase for the summer.  She will be the cutest little bumble bee on the beach!  And despite the dismal weather this week, Carolyn and I did manage to get our yearly beach week booked today!  This week may stink but hopefully, July will be much better!

2 comments:

Mike and Rhonda said...

Yes she is beautiful then and now! BTW, I forgot to thank you for the pictures of Lexi. We got them while we were playing outside and HG kept looking at them....

sfennell said...

Oh look how cute our little bumble bee is!! LOVE the shoes.