Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The First Toy




It's odd how you go about buying some things. Most of the time when I buy things, as Wanda could probably tell you (Don't ask about the meat from the freezer in the back of a rundown truck) is on impulse. Same goes for the dog and blanket. Last year one of Wanda's friends had a baby and as a gift we bought her a blanket from Macy's. If they could only make adult blankets that soft. So we knew when we decided to go ahead and pursue the adoption we had to have a blanket of our own. We went back to Macy's a couple of months ago to buy a birthday present for Wanda's same friend and ran across the blankets again. Then not leaving soon enough I came across the stuffed dogs. One idea they gave us during the original meeting was sending a stuffed animal/toy to the children in the orphanage and it would beneficial for the child. So.. I picked up the dog. Very soft as well. The dog purchase seemed to lead in to a theme.. the bathroom is now done in dogs and cats. Just need to do something with that wallpaper.

We now have a room ready (no furniture yet, but Wanda can tell I am getting the itch to go look), a toy and blanket, some books for her (3 from me, 50 from Wanda - she says its the teacher in her, I think she just wanted to out do my 3!). One item we are still debating is the crib bedding as well. My choices seem to be different from hers. I have been told I am not allowed to pick out any items by myself ever again. It has something to do with the paint sampling I did for our bedroom. It was supposed to be a burnt orange color, didn't turn out that way. The lime green that was on the other half of the wall was not supposed to be that lime either. I will say that after a week the orange was starting to grow on me. Wanda sometimes refers to me as different or eccentric or maybe it was color blind.


Sign my Guestbook
FREE GUESTBOOKS
View my Guestbook

No comments: