Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Lexi's First Wish




I got a very special surprise at work today. Melaine brought me her fabric, a wish for Lexi, AND a quilting journal. It was so sweet! Her fabric turned out to be perfect for us. It's actually from the Charleston Collection. Imagine Melaine's surprise when I told her that I was born in Charleston and our adoption agency is located there also. I really love her wish. I'm sure she won't mind me sharing it with everyone.


For weeks I have searched for a piece of material that would be perfect for Lexi. I finally found it. The material is from the Charleston Collection. Therefore may she be raised with the sunshine on her face, love in her heart and mud between her toes. May she always be proud of the Southern heritage as well as her Chinese heritage. May she grow with grace and strength and southern charm.

Thanks Melaine for such a lovely gift to Lexi.

No comments: