Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Pure Determination …

That is what my blogging is this week!  Pure Determination!  I really do not favor this time of year when I return to work and the pace is just sooooo unforgiving! I feel like a hamster in an exercise wheel just barely keeping up with everything that I have to do! What keeps me going?  Documenting Lexi’s first week of preschool!

One thing I really am enjoying is that we are getting back into a routine.  Home, snack, play, dinner, bath, read, and then bed.  Sometimes watching some educational tv comes in there too. Tonight after Lexi’s bath, we went to the big book shelf and picked out some different books to read.  None were new to us but it’s been awhile.  Her favorite tonight was “I Love You Like Crazy Cakes!”.  After we were finished we counted the books… EIGHT!  I just love that she loves to read!  (Although I have to admit I cheated my way through the “Bob the Builder” book that is hiding in the picture. It’s NOT one of my favorites… it may have to “get lost”. 

Aug 133

Tomorrow Lexi is set for DAY TWO of preschool.  She has another new dress that her Aunt Carolyn bought her at “Cutie Patootie” in Brunswick. It’s really two dresses in one because it is reversible.  I bought her some really cute brown and pink polka dot shoes that will match it.  I promise NOT to dress her only in dresses for school…. just this week!  These pictures don’t do the dress justice… and I promise the shoes do match in person!

Aug 122

Aug 123 

She is growing up so fast!  On the way home, she began to yell at me “Mom STOP! Red means STOP!”  I had not even gotten to the light yet!

I’ve packed her lunch in hopes of her eating more… this time it will be a hotdog cut up, mozzarella cheese stick, goldfish crackers, applesauce, mini banana and juice.  Let’s HOPE she will eat more than one bite tomorrow!

 

No comments: