Monday, July 17, 2006

One Year Ago Today...

One year ago today, we filed our online application to CWA to adopt from China and began our paperchase to Lexi. Geoff and I were talking about it last Saturday and reminded ourselves how easily Lexi came into our lives. On the 16th of last year, we attended an International adoption seminar and by the next day we had named our daughter. There were no other considerations... just Lexi. It's funny how names come to you. We didn't have this name in mind, we had never met anyone named Lexi and yet, we both loved it. She's meant to be ours. I pray each night for her and wonder if she is born yet. I pray for her mother and those who will help and love her. In my heart, I feel that she is not quite born yet but it will be soon. I pray for her mother as she embarks on the beginning of a journey that will ultimately bring Lexi to us. I know it will be a heart-wrenching thing to do but in the end, I can only be grateful of Lexi's birthmother's courage and love for her daughter.

So here we are one year passed. It's doesn't feel like it's been a year already but yet the 9 - 10 months that we probably still have to wait until we hold her seems so far away. This is why I pray every night and do my very best to put it all in God's hands.

No comments: