Monday, May 31, 2010

Anatomy of an Lj Picture

I’m trying to do a little blog catching up this morning before I get busy doing some real chores.  Last Friday was my first official day of summer vacation.  After breakfast we began to get ready for some errands.  I dressed her in a cute little outfit that Aunt Carolyn bought her.  It was so cute I decided ponytails were in order.  Lexi was really happy with her cute self until I got out the camera.  Okay, you’d THINK that by now a child that gets her picture taken practically EVERY DAY would be more accommodating, but no. She has a “knee jerk” reaction to go right into ignore Mommy mode… just watch what I go through to get her to cooperate.  (I’m pretty sure MODELING is NOT in her future.)

May 555 The “OH, GREAT she has the camera out again” look!

May 556

The “MAYBE if I close my eyes, she will go away” look!

May 557

The “UGH, she’s still here” look!

May 558

The “ALRIGHT, if I poke my cheeks that means I’m smiling” look!

May 559

The “FINE, I’ll cooperate” look!

May 562

The “look at me Aunt Carolyn” look complete with I’ll smile look.

May 567

The " I like my new outfit, especially the shirt” pose just for Aunt Carolyn” look!

May 570

The “ENOUGH AREADY COME ON MOMMY let’s GO” look!

And with this we left, ran some errands and finally went to Applebee’s for lunch.  We had a great Mommy-Daughter lunch.  Lexi is awesome when we go out.  She has the most manners of any child I’ve ever seen her age.  She says “Thank you” when people open the door for us, give her a menu, bring her food, or do anything nice.  She even says “bless you” if someone sneezes, and “excuse me” if she needs someone to move.  It simply amazes me and everyone else as well.  We had a great first day.  If only I could get her to be as accommodating with picture taking as she is with manners!

3 comments:

mhsands said...

that is too funny!

Mike and Rhonda said...

Precious. She is adorable. But I am sure you already know that huh?

Wanda, Geoff and Lexi said...

I do know that for sure Rhonda! Every day I love her more and the things she does never ceases to amaze me.