Wednesday, November 30, 2005

My sweet husband

I promise, this will be my last post tonight. I had to share how sweet my husband can be. Last night, he knew how disappointed I was in the news of the longer referral times and he just let me take it all in. Later, around 9:00, I decided I'd go to the bedroom to watch tv and wind down. This is when he decided to "go to the store to get a Dr. Pepper". I thought it was odd that late at night but told him okay. Well, when he came back he had a box. He handed it to me and I opened it. It was an iPod Shuffle. I tried to act happy about it and told him that I had been wanting one and thanked him. He left the room and a few minutes later comes back with a little cloth jewelry case and handed it to me. I opened it to find the silver charm that he ordered for me a few weeks back that was supposed to be on back order until Oct. 07. Apparently, they decided anyone who would not cancel an order that wouldn't be in for a year, should have it no matter what. He's had it ... it probably would have been my Christmas present. I guess he thought it would mean more now than at Christmas and I think it does. I wore it to school today and thought of it's meaning over and over(the first symbol means mother and the second, daughter). I think all that we are going through will make our adoption even more special and meaningful. I realize that it's not patience that I need to pray for... it's strength and faithfulness.




No comments: