Saturday, December 03, 2005

Getting Into the Christmas Spirit





I'm finally posting an update of the flowerbed that everyone helped with on Labor Day. I really enjoyed Mr. Scarecrow during the fall but after Thanksgiving, he had to go. I really want lights on the house but I'm having trouble convincing my nice sweet husband that it is worth this effort. I keep telling him that once Lexi is here it will not be an option. I can't begin to tell you wonderful memories I have as a child going around with my Mom and Dad to see everyone's Christmas lights. I mean think about it.... you don't really remember things like riding in the car to go shopping, or if you do, it's a memory of riding in the car for what seemed like decades to get where you were going. Or WORSE going shopping with your Mom for her to pick out something like sewing patterns. THOSE kinds of things you did with family just don't stand out. Christmas time at my house, always involved everyone helping to decorate and enjoying not only our decorations but riding around to see others as well. I want to do the same for Lexi. (this is one post that I need comments! I want to know if I am the only one who feels this way. I'd like to know what other's think of when you think of your childhood Christmas'.) Sneaky me... soliciting the help of others in changing the way my husband views this decorating thing. heehee





Oh... and this is Robert. He's on the front porch. (There's a whole another story about this little guy!!)



Sign my Guestbook
FREE GUESTBOOKS
View my Guestbook

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

First of all let me say that your decorations are lovely! Our decorations consist of a wreath on the house with a spotlight, and some garland and an old sled on the porch with....another spotlight! I loved looking at Christmas lights as a kid, and used to drive around town with my own kids to see the lights. There was this one house in the next town over that did a HUGE set up - you actually had to get out of the car to see it all. The neighborhood was always packed with people. The entire house and yard (corner lot) was covered in decorations - little scenes - Nativity, Santa's workshop etc. The picture windows had scenes in them, done up like Macy's and Marshall Fields. Very cool! They even had "Santa" sitting in the garage taking visits from kids. Pretty awesome sight! To this day my kids still remember that. We all develop traditions (some you may not even realize your kids think of as tradition) and they make for lasting memories that your kids will pass on to their own! Have a great holiday!

Wanda, Geoff and Lexi said...

Thanks Yvonne. It's nice to see that there are others who have had similar experiences growing up. It's those family moments that make life special. I hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday as well.