Tuesday, June 13, 2006

It's Raining... It's Pouring...


Tropical Storm Alberto has kept us wet all day! I have a love/hate relationship with rainy days. They make perfect stay in bed late days but then I have to deal with the dogs. Sables is a mud-puppy and gets soaking wet running through puddles every time she goes out. Patches on the other hand practically will "hold it" all day to avoid getting her feet wet! Talk about opposites!
So to deal with the rain, I've delighted my dear hubby by cooking for him. Getting lunch cooked is one of the few perks he gets from me being home in the summer! I cooked a regular lunch (Italian marinated chicken, lima beans, and stove top stuffing) but that motivated me to try something new for dinner. I searched on Allrecipes.com and found recipe for Chicken Marsala and Garlic Linguine. I was a bit worried trying two new recipes but it turned out really good. I doctored the linguine a little bit. The Chicken Marsala wasn't even close to being as good as Carrabas but we enjoyed it. Now I'm itching to find something else new to try! Any suggestions anyone??

1 comment:

Shannon said...

You've passed Alberto on to our region now...rain, rain, and more rain...My pooches are like Patches-absolutely hate getting wet. I always fear "presents" on these types of days-even if the doggie door is available. Hoping the rain stops soon!!