Thursday, November 12, 2009

Glance Back In Time...

This morning I was looking in files on my computer to use to help me learn a new application that I want to use with my students. I needed video, pictures and text. Well, imagine my surprise when I found this video of Lexi just a few weeks after we came home! Carolyn took it with her cell phone. I look at it and just am totally amazed! Look how tiny she was! This was a 3 months Carter's dress and she did not fill it out!

Looking at this video just makes me pause and cherish, really cherish every second with Lexi. She is growing up so fast! She is just changing before our eyes and we don't notice because we see her every day! I remember after getting our referral telling Geoff that we needed to make sure we cherished every day with her because kids grow up so fast. I feel guilty of not following my own advice.

Tonight as I talked with my mom, she remarked about how much you can love a child that is not even of your blood. It is amazing! Adoption is a beautiful, wonderful thing! I sit here tonight just cherishing our Lexi and thanking God for bringing us to her. Many people tell us that she is so lucky to have us but we feel differently... we are the lucky (BLESSED) ones.



sig tag 2

1 comment:

Alyson and Ford said...

They do grow up TOO fast! Wonderful video, a great surprise finding it!

Alyzabeth's Mommy for One Year