Saturday, January 28, 2006

I've already mentioned how busy I've been the past few weeks. My job responsibilities have been in high gear to the point that this week, I ran on pure adrenaline. So much so that I took a nap when I came home yesterday and then slept in until 11:30 today! I've taught classes for entire days, ran around observing teachers, and put on a grand production for our Superintendent, all the principals and other big-wigs in our county (that's the one that really had me going). Everything has went well and I still love my job! It's this kind of busy-ness that will help pass the time as we wait for Lexi. So I'm catching up on my blogging. I do this to help me remember the ups and downs of this adoption process so that I can share it with Lexi someday.

Last weekend was possibly one of the best weekends I've had in a very long time. I began with going to my scrapbooking group on Saturday morning to begin our adoption journey scrapbook (again, this blog will help me as I build pages and try to remember everything we've done). I made our very first page for our book. I still have some finishing touches to put on it like our picture, but the hardest part is over... GETTING STARTED! I'm a pretty creative person, but for some reason, I had a hard time getting going. Once I finish the first page, I will be sharing it on the blog.

After scrapbooking, Geoff and I headed to Jacksonville to see "Movin' Out". He surprised me with this little over night trip idea back in December. And boy did he do a great planning job! We stayed at the Omni Hotel which as conveniently located across the street from the theater. Dinner was easy also because diagonally across from the hotel was the Landings, which is a restaurant and shop area on the Jacksonville River. It was beautiful and had plenty of places to choose from. We enjoyed the show. Although, Geoff didn't quite understand the first act because he didn't read about it in the guide. He expected it to be like the shows we saw in Vegas where they people talked and sang the music. In "Movin' out", they have a man who sings all the music and the dancers do ballet to the music. After I told him this, he liked it a lot better. We had such a great time. We slept in on Sunday and then went to shop a bit, ate lunch at Dave and Busters, played some games after eating and then went home. It wasn't really a vacation but it certainly felt like one. When I went back to work on Monday, I felt as if I had been totally recharged! I love my husband so much! Thanks honey for such a great weekend. (maybe I can let the song go now! )