And on Tuesday we will spent one joyful month with her! After waiting so long, the time is flying! I thought I'd blog about all the wonderful changes in her...
* She now has 7 teeth and has 2 more on the way. She loves to brush them!
* Is not the cuddle bunny we thought she was going but be but rather a very active little firecracker!
* She loves stuffed animals, cars, stacking blocks, and has one favorite book already.
* She finally loves the bath after many screaming episodes. Now she screams to get IN the tub!
* She no longer has the "orphanage" diaper changing routine (legs straight up no wiggling) but now prefers for Mommy and Daddy to wrestle her.
* After the initial Jet-lag (about 3 days) she began to sleep all night. And I mean all night! 11-12 hours a night. She does wake occasionally and needs to be redirected to her washcloth but then goes right back to sleep. We put her down and she sometimes cries for anywhere from 10 seconds to a minute but then grabs her washcloth and teddy bear and that's it.
* She takes one to two naps a day. Two usually make her more fun in the evening so we try for two.
* She does not like to be rocked in the rocking chair. She'd rather be on the go with you right behind her.
* She likes the dogs and cats but they do not like her as much in return. Sable and Smokey tolerate her the best.
* She eats eggs, baby yogurt, applesauce, chicken nuggets (the only way she likes chicken so far), french fries, Hillshire farms Polish Kielbasa, Progresso Chicken Noodle soup without the juice, carrots, or chicken (so basically the PASTA!), mac'n-cheese, oatmeal, grill cheese sandwiches, green beans, rice, Goldfish crackers, and Nila wafers. We are working on adding to menu but she often will like something one day and refuse it the next. She did this with cantaloupe. Oh, and she will eat oak leaves!
* She will drink juice from a bottle but not a sippy cup.
* She says "Mamamamamma... mahma... Mamamamma... MAH-MUH!" repeatedly and tugs at your pants if you can't pick her up. This complete with the wonderful fake cry minus tears. Nothing works but picking her up to get rid of the Mama Monster! The Mama Monster always appears when Mommy is trying to do something that she can't do with Lexi such as use the bathroom or get ready to go somewhere. We're working on this one. Timing is the best help yet but that does not always work.
* She also can say "Baba" (Father in Chinese) but frequently says it when waving goodbye so I think she is confusing the words. She Waves Hello and Goodbye. Blows kisses and plays peek-a-boo. She also likes a good game of chase. She is babbling some kind of sounds that are new. She seems to understand everything we say to her. It's truly amazing! She has learned "NO" very well! LOL!
* Her walking has improved so much! She is really walking so well. The hunched shoulders are more relaxed and she falls a lot less frequently. She hardly ever cries when she falls and if so it's so brief. (hard head???) I've seen her cry harder because Mommy had to put her on the floor for a moment to do something besides hold her.
* She has the cutest little smile when we sees you in the morning! She also has learned to walk to the door when she hears daddy come home. That just melts my heart!
* She seems be signing "DaDa" but we are not sure if it is for real or not BUT she only has done it with Daddy so maybe she is getting it.
* She has learned about "OUTSIDE" and loves to play outdoors not doing much yet except walking around and eating oak leaves.
* She is doing great playing with Brennen and will let my Mom come over and do anything with her. This is wonderful since I only have two weeks left I go back to work.
So has our world changed or what in less than a month! I'd be lying if I said it hasn't been an adjustment. It has but we are doing well. Team work, being on the same parental page, lots of planning and most of flexibility. But we love her dearly and feel that she is a blessing straight from Heaven!
And if you made it this far reading this post... you deserve some cuteness! Here are a few pictures of Lexi I took one afternoon last week paying with her doll.