Sunday, March 01, 2009

White Cloud Mountain



Friday we went to White Cloud Mountain. A beautiful garden park area that surprises you as to how close to the city it is. We packed Lexi a sweater just in case it was cool... boy, did we get surprised! It was humid and hot just like Guangzhou. We had an awesome trip though and really enjoyed being so close to nature. In my wildest dreams I could have these kinds of gardens at home. Afterwards, we had lunch at a restaurant located next door to eh park. After playing a little "Goldilocks finds the perfect spot" we finally got seated. The restaurant was packed! Aron, our guide, told us that you can tell if a restaurant is good or not based on the crowd. From that tidbit alone, it must have been AWESOME! We tried a bunch of new foods! Don't ask me what but we tried various types of all kinds of things. We aren't the most adventurous eaters but here in China... we have been! Put it in front of us and we try it! There was one particular dish I was Leary of because it looked like uncooked yeast rolls with an orangish-yellowish color. Geoff broke one in half and inside looked like uncooked egg. But I grabbed a piece and was surprised to taste a sweet kind of runny custard inside that to me was like cake batter. It was good. We finished our lunch and headed back to the hotel for nap time.

Nap time for now is mostly brought on by strolling. I pushed her up and down the hallway to bring on sleep. We tried to move her from the stroller to the crib with no luck. Back to the stroller, back up and down the hall and then finally...sleep IN the stroller! We used this time to refresh. We didn't go to dinner that night and had Aron bring us a pizza in the room as we were worried about Lexi's rash. We kept her down to her diaper to keep her cool. We didn't get to take her to the play room as we wanted to be sure not to spread any germs if her rash was contagious. Lexi LOVED having pieces of bread sticks and was testing her legs all over the room. At one point right after we got in, I had showered and Geoff was taking his turn. Lexi was playing in the floor by herself and I was testing to see how long she would sit without being "Velcro baby". After a few minutes, she began to whimper and I looked at her and said , "Lexi, come to Mommy." She looked at me, got up without touching anything, stood up and walked to me! It was about 8 steps and she was falling by the time she got to me but it melted my heart for sure!

When we decided it was time for LJ to go to bed, we fed her a bottle, put her in the crib and waited. She cried for about 30 seconds and then started her flip-flopping all over the crib until she fell asleep. Needless to say... we were right behind her!

4 comments:

mumma to many said...

Geoff and Wanda sounds like all is going well!
Big hugs!
Ruth in NZ

Stacey said...

White Cloud Mountain was my favorite place in GZ. There is a beautiful orchid garden across the street from the park with the goat statue. You should check that out too if you have time....

Stephe said...

The photo show turned out GREAT! I loved that garden park. We went to the same restaurant and I think it was the ABSOLUTE BEST meal I had in GZ. I hated the steps though! LOL! Oiy, all the steps!! Stephe

Melissa said...

Great pics! I remember being in that park when it was like 100 degrees..so hot it washard to enjoy!! thanks for bringing the memory back!