Friday, June 19, 2009

Happy Anniversary to us! Today marks 10 years since we were married! The funny thing is the second I knew we were falling in love, I made sure Geoff knew I could not have any more children. He thought he was okay with that until we babysat for my niece when Joshua was a baby. I have to tell you, it took him a while to talk me into opening that part of my heart again. I had avoided baby sections of department stores for years! Long story short, we tried IVF, domestic adoption but were ultimately led to International Adoption. The hand of God led us to Lexi. So 7 years after we began this parenting a child (aside from Sara) we can celebrate an anniversary with a child of our own. WOW! It's been a little more than 3 months since Gotcha day and each day brings a new surprise and new wonder to our life.

So tonight's post is to US... 10 years together! Tomorrow we will leave LJ with Mom overnight and celebrate only to hurry home on Sunday for Geoff's first Father's Day with Lexi. It is not his first Father's Day as he has assumed the role of Father with Sara from DAY ONE. He loves her like a biological daughter but this first with LJ is also special. She is his and mine and she is our precious little girl!

But tonight... Happy Anniversary to us! 10 years! 10 very special years!

2 comments:

mhsands said...

U need to have a flashing warning sign when these post are going to require tissue!

Trisha said...

Congratulations Wanda! You and Geoff are so lucky to have found such a special love for each other and your baby. I wish you many, many years of happiness!!!
Trish Huegel