Monday, October 02, 2006

I'm a Blogger Slacker!



I've slowed down on my posts on the blog. It's not that I don't want to, I've just found myself taking on extra things (like teaching in the after school program!) I still plan to post some more pictures of our trip but haven't found the time yet. This past weekend, I worked like a crazy person on my paper. Yesterday, I stepped out back with the dogs and as usual walked over to check on my Milkweed plants. I've had a few of these plants for 5 years! I protect them in the winter and try to keep the bad bugs off of them. I bought them one year while teaching about butterflies along with some monarch caterpillars. I planted them in hopes that one day, I would have some butterflies lay eggs on them. This summer, I almost lost them to some kind of bug but I also managed to sow some of their seeds to grow new plants. Imagine my surprise when I noticed the leaves were being eaten. Then I noticed the caterpillars!! I have 7 caterpillars!! After all this time, I finally have caterpillars!! Geoff says it takes so little to excite me but hey... this is awesome! I love butterflies! I love the cycle of life they grow through and I love their beauty. As I was watching them today and thinking about how long I've waiting for nature to bless me with caterpillars, I couldn't help but be reminded of the wait for Lexi. (Thank goodness that's not 5 years!) I can only imagine how excited I will be when we see her face for the first time. Now that will be excitement!!

No comments: