Wednesday, September 30, 2009

App- - pull!

Everyday Lexi learns more words and I have to give credit where credit is due and say that Mom teaches Lexi many things. One of those things is the word "apple". I have known that Lexi can say apple for over a week now but not until Sunday when we went grocery shopping and heard her point out the "app-pull's" in the produce section did we really get it. She keep saying it over and over until we finally understood. Then yesterday Lj and I went for a walk after I brought her home. It was the first day in a LONG time that the weather was nice and cool and breezy. We were walking down the street when all of sudden our little girl keeps saying "app-pull!, app-pull!, app-pull!" over and over. I finally figured it out and said "Lexi, Mommy does not have any apples right now (not that she really eats them anyhow!). Well, finally I figured it out. She was seeing a neighbors pumpkins on each side of their driveway. I told her they were pumpkins but then she started to try to repeat "pumpkin" to me.

So today Lexi and I were standing in the kitchen and she asked for an apple. I looked over and handed her one. She took it and just held it. I then took a bite and handed it to her. She then took a bite. We did this over and over and the next thing you know she was eating an apple! The last time she ate an apple was in China. She pretty much teethed on them there and we gave her at least two a day there since they were free at the White Swan. So it was extra special to see her actually like eating one and it was so cute to see that she would NOT share with Sable nor Smokey.

I'll post some pictures soon but for now, here is the video. She actually was so immersed in the apple that she didn't seem to notice me filming it!



sig tag 2

1 comment:

Carolyn Smiley said...

The apple is almost as big as she is! She is adorable!!!!