Monday, October 04, 2010

Losing my touch…

Here it is October and once again I’m behind on blogging.  I just can’t even begin to explain how hard it is to keep up the current pace.  I now am writing notes to myself of things to remember to tell about our little Lj. 

Last week, I was so fortunate to get to leave during lunch and head to Lexi’s Preschool.  I brought a big fat caterpillar with me, a green chrysalis, and one that was about to hatch.  I also brought 5 Monarch butterflies.  I wish I had been able to capture the excitement in Lexi when I walked in the door!  She was so excited and ran over to give me a big hug.  I was so proud of her as I watched her follow the teacher’s instructions.  If only she were so obedient for us!

sept 276

sept 277

Once all the kids got settled, they made a line and walked outside to release the butterflies.   A few of them were so newly hatched that they were not anxious to fly off so every child that wanted to got to hold a butterfly.  Even Lexi held one for me.  I was totally amazed at how well they did and really enjoyed my visit. 

sept 287

sept 281

The next thing I will get to do with her is go on a field trip to the Pumpkin Patch.  Of course I’ll be there with my camera.  I can’t wait!

No comments: