Friday, March 03, 2006


Yes, the title says it all... I'm cranky today. I should have stayed home from work and slept off this sinus infection or cold or whatever it is that is making me feel out of sorts.

First of all, I swear I'm getting sick because of the lady that came into the lab this week to take her computer profiency test and announced that she was going to infect us all. She coughed and coughed... sneezed and blew and sneezed and blew some more and then I had to type on the same keyboard as her. I should of sprayed it down before I touched it but I was trying to be polite and not let her know how much her germs frightened me. After she left, we wiped down everything she touched including the door knob. People, please sometimes you gotta just stay home and keep your germs to yourself. I haven't been sick all winter! I don't think this is just a coincidence! Am I becoming "Monkish?"

The 2nd thing driving me insane today is PUNCH AND JUDY!!!! There LOUD and BOLD, this wonderfully well-known store in our area is jerking us around! Do you know how long it has been since we ordered our baby furniture???? 4 MONTHS! We put down a little more than 1/3rd of the cost when we ordered it. Two weeks later Geoff paid for the rest including the crib bedding. We were told it may take 6- 8 weeks for it to arrive. Today I went on the Baby's Dream website and there it was in black and white that delivery from your retailer should occur in approximately 30 days and with delays it may take as long as 4 - 6 weeks. We are being jerked around people! I'm so mad!

I even called the man at PUNCH AND JUDY this afternoon and reminded him that he told me 3 weeks ago that our furniture would be here in a week or two. So he pulls up our account and come back on the line and I promise you, he never slowed down as he proceeded to tell me that he needed to call the company because they owe him a huge shipment and that he will call me back and was my number blah, blah, blah, and I'll call you right back! I was trying to get a word in so that I could tell him, "MAN, IT'S BEEN 4 MONTHS AND IF I DON'T GET MY FURNITURE IN THE NEXT TWO WEEKS, YOU CAN CUT ME A CHECK FOR MY ENTIRE PURCHASE!". Here it is 20 minutes later and still no phone call. I promise ... if he doesn't call me back tonight, I'm going to PUNCH AND JUDY, in SAVANNAH, GEORGIA tomorrow and I'm going to try my best to live up to Mei's email comment in January and be VERY DIFFICULT!!


kelly bitzer said...

aunt wanda
I enjoyed catching up on lexis blog today. This is the first time i have been at the computer since i fell before christmas. I am still not able to walk yet but can atleast get into a wheel chair. mom and i have picked out our fabric and we are waiting for kim to pick hers out so we can mail them together.Please pray for me i need to be up walking agAin so we can all get back in college. We love you love kelly

Kim M. said...

Hi Wanda
I just found your blog on our January DTC group. Boy you guys are busy. Great blog! I look forward to following it.