Wednesday, April 05, 2006

As Promised.... (66 and counting!!)

I'm totally thrilled that we've gotten so much fabric this week!! (Now if only I had some extra time to scrapbook the wishes!!) Last night I put myself of blog-timeout. Actually, I worked very hard on my dissertation. I didn't check in on the Yahoo group to see what was going on there or even look at the CWA web board. No distractions! I have to admit, I did check in on little Gwen. I love reading about her! I've been a fan since September when I discovered other adoption blogs. Geoff was the perfect hubby and cleaned up the kitchen after he fixed his own dinner! This was especially noteworthy because he got up yesterday about 4:30 and went on to work and then worked until a little after 8:00. I worked on the big D until a little after 9 and then had to try to wind down so I could sleep. When I get really consumed with it, I have trouble letting it go so I can sleep. I'm hoping to be able to send something to my advisor soon. Now on to the new fabric! Yea!!!



This is from my niece Kelly. (You can't tell that is actually has a light green background) She is going to be sending me a wish in email. She is one of the sweetest people you could ever meet. She's currently undergoing therapy to help heal her knee. At Christmas she fell on a sidewalk that had been "repaired" very poorly and not marked that it was dangerous. She tore out her knee and has been immobile since then. My sister and I were talking the other night and she was telling me how she is taking Kelly to water therapy and encouraging her, praising her when she did well and even kissing her forehead. A girl nearby was watching and commented to Shirley how lucky Kelly was to have her. Shirley told the girl, No, I'm the lucky one. How sweet is that! Kelly brings that out in people. And believe me, you can bring out some sure enough spitfire out of my sister if someone mistreats her Kelly!


This one is from the Churches in Fernandina Beach, FL. I totally love Fernandina Beach! As a child my parents took us camping there every summer. We always had a blast!


This one is from the Tappenden's in Connecticut. I love the green! It's always been one of my favorite colors.



This one is from the Fulce Family. Brenda works with my husband and probably gets tired of me calling asking to talk to Geoff at least once a day. I try not to bother him... but you know.... Anyhow, you can't see in the photo but it has Winnie the Pooh in the pattern. I just love it! I'm a big pooh fan!



This one is from one of my mom's church friends. I probably know her but I am just horrible with names!



And last but not least, this one is from the Riggs-Sanders Family.(Another January DTC group member) I love the snowflakes and Mom will be happy to get some blue!

Keep 'em coming people!

No comments: