Monday, April 03, 2006

Singin' the Tax Season Blues....

First of all, I have about 5 new fabrics to post. Tomorrow! I'm excited to have them but just not in the mood to attach the camera to the computer, download them, and then upload them! Right now I'm all comfy in my recliner and am totally loving wireless internet! It's April 3rd and I have 2 more weeks of tax season "widow-dom" to endure. I have to say tax season is not without it's funny stories from Geoff. He doesn't tell me his clients business but he does give me some stories. Like for instance the client that is happy because he ONLY owes $200,000. The client is definitely NOT in education like me! Then I hear the stories of people who need their taxes done for like 3 years ago. I think most of us just think that the world will end if we don't have our taxes filed by April 15th. (Well,let me clarify... I used to think this... until I married an accountant. Now I'm like the mechanic's wife who always has a broken down car... the last to get taxes filed. I totally know what extensions are about!) For the first time EVER, my spring break will be the week after tax season. Geoff wants to take a day or two and do something together. I think it is an excellent idea but we have not decided on what or where. Charleston would be fun especially since I have very few memories of it as child (my birthplace). It now has an even more special place in my heart since it is where our adoption agency is located. But then again, we always enjoy Hilton Head... and then there's the Jacksonville area where we could go by the Hartstrings outlet and buy Lexi another pretty dress... so many choices.... not so many nights to be there!

1 comment:

Kim M. said...

My parents own a tax business. I've worked for my Dad in one way or another since I was 16. I'm always glad when the season is over!