Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Eve Part 2




After leaving Mom and Dad's we headed home with one little wound up child! We came home to discover new PJ's for everyone. They must have been delivered by one of Santa's Elves! We changed clothes and began with nighttime routine with a few changes for Christmas Eve. We were going to have a fire however, the weather had turned very WARM so if we were going to do that we would have had to turn the air way down! So we decided to skip the fire and the hot chocolate. We read Lexi a very simple version of The Christmas Story and then tried to read The Night Before Christmas (too long for short attention spans!) Somebody was getting tired so I rocked her to sleep. Only when I came out of her room did I remember the wrapped doll and book that I had planned to let her open! I told Geoff I was tempted to wake her up but let it wait for morning.

We began preparing for Christmas morning and finally made it to bed about 11:30. I don't know who was more excited... me or Geoff!




sig tag 2

2 comments:

Carolyn Smiley said...

Isn't it amazing the feelings you have when you are looking through the eyes of a child at Christmas?! Followed by the reason of why we celebrate Christmas? This year was extra special not only because we celebrate the birth of Jesus but also the placement of Lexi by HIS hands into your lives......and ours.

Wanda, Geoff and Lexi said...

You couldn't have said that any better!