Monday, July 05, 2010

4th Of July Fun!

We had a fabulous 4th of July.  We decided at the last minute to spend the day with my sister and her family.  I went ahead of Geoff and Lexi and relaxed in the pool child free for a few hours.  John went golfing and came home about the time Lexi and Geoff arrived.  We hung out by the pool and grilled chicken, hamburgers, hot dogs, and corn.  John wanted an All American 4th of July menu.  Carolyn made potato salad and baked beans and I brought pasta salad and apple pie.  Yum!  After dinner we played a board game and waited for it to get dark enough to do some sparklers and “fireworks”.  Of course, I took a ton of pictures just trying to get a few good shots.  I soooo need photography lessons!  It was a lot of fun and very relaxing.  Lexi was out before we hit the paved highway on the way home.  However going to bed that late did NOT stop her from getting up at her usual early hour.  I’m still weeding through the pictures but here are a few of my favorites.

July 254

Carolyn made Lexi two new patriotic bows. She loves her bows!

July 280

July 287 july 291

July 301 

Sporting her new swim suit. Carolyn had to take it up to make it fit. I guess I should have bought the 12 months size instead of the 18 months.

July 305

Posing… NOT a usual thing!

july 310

July 325

July 345

Daddy’s little girl 

July 356

Familiar sight… running from having her pictures made!  I wanted some cute pictures of Lexi in this Strasburg outfit that Carolyn gave her last year.  It’s Amazing that it still fits her (it’s a size 6 months!). It’s precious though!  Carolyn has the most gorgeous flower beds of anyone I know. 

July 364 

july 371

July 412

July 424

 July 429

July 440

July 481

 July 461

July 519

We had a special guest watching our sparklers and fireworks.  John snuck up on him and got this amazing photo.  It’s a baby owl that lives in their back yard.

No comments: