Saturday, March 20, 2010

Saturday Fun

As usual, Geoff worked today and will tomorrow as well since I asked him to come home a little early to help me with some stuff for the school garden.  Lexi had me up around 8:00 which is not bad really.  We had breakfast and then cuddled up on the couch and watched some Sesame Street and Caillou.  I love how she will now curl up against me and watch tv.  At one point I wondered if she would ever snuggle with me!  Well, after we got up we started with a bath.  A long fun bath with no rushing…NICE!  Then I gave her 3 choices of an outfit to wear.  She picked it out and we finished.  Then we decided to make Daddy some brownies.  This is where it REALLY got interesting.  She wasn’t quite sure what to make of mixing together eggs, oil and water but when I added the brownie mix the fun began and when she was able to taste the batter for the first time she said, “Yuuummmmmmy!”.  She kept dipping back into the bowl so I had quickly transfer it to the dish.  She didn’t even mind getting her hands nasty!  And when I went to take a picture shocked me by saying “cheese” and looking straight at the camera! 

LJ 068

LJ 070

After we finished making the brownies we clipped Lexi’s fingernails and toes.  Then we painted them!  She was again so happy with this that for a second time she smiled at the camera and said “cheese”!  I almost fell over!

LJ 072 

What a Diva!

LJ 074

After lunch I rocked her to sleep and just marveled at how the little things we do make us so happy.

Once Geoff got home we went to Lowes and then delivered all the stuff I bought to school. So we decided to let Lexi play on the Kindergarten playground.  She had a blast and kicked and screamed like a crazy person when we put her in the car.   Here are some of my favorite shots.

DSC01854

Breathtaking little beauty!

DSC01863

This one was taken from under her!  Yes, I laid on the ground to get this picture but it’s so cute!

DSC01815

DSC01849

And these… reminders that Mommy and Daddy need to begin eating better and dropping some weight!

2 comments:

sfennell said...

Okay..I don't know what to comment on first. I love the bunji cord to keep Lexi out of the stove, too cute. I absolutely loved the black and white dress..beautiful and perfect for her. I laughed out loud at the thought of her diaper falling off and then Richard stepping on it. Sounds like a day with the Fennells!

Wanda, Geoff and Lexi said...

Okay... so NOW I'm laughing out loud! The bunji cord is not to keep LJ out of the stove!!! I wish!! This stove is not that old but is messed up and will not close tightly. Geoff "misplaced" the warranty on it so when I went to Lowes for a reprint, it was over a year old and we were out of luck. So I've used a chair and now a bunji cord to keep it closed tightly! LOL!!! One of the things Geoff is supposed to buy me with his tax season bonus is a NEW STOVE!!!

I'm with you on the dress! If ever a child is meant to wear black that's Lexi!

And to top off the stepped on diaper... somehow her black bow came off while we were putting her in the car and I stepped on it! You know as soon as I saw that her $7 monogrammed bow was missing, I was ready to search the church over for it!!! Didn't have to go that far though, seeing how I was standing on it!

Now I have to go to bed... and I just don't know if I can stop laughing!!