Saturday, February 21, 2009

One Foot in the door!


We made it to Newark! I was so tired when we got on the plane, I couldn't wait to take a nap! We were sitting in the last row and you could lean your seat back maybe an inch! Needless to say I was not too comfy but managed. Geoff napped maybe 20 minutes. Once we arrived, we headed to a restroom and walked past a gate with passengers just arriving. I noticed a family walking in with a beautiful Chinese girl in a stroller. They ended up behind me in the restroom so I asked her if they were just returning. She was caught of guard and said, “from FL?”. I clarified that I meant China and she got it. I told her were leaving today. She was really sweet and told me what a great time we would have in Guangzhou. They have been home with their daughter for two years. The funny thing was her first question was “how long did you have to wait?”. We IA people can't get past that WAIT!

Geoff has been awesome! We got ready this morning and had divided up the money we are taking with us into two pouches. I hate them! I didn't think it would be so bad but they show under your shirt. It made me look like I had a really weird belly roll. His is different. It goes around his neck and hangs. So he volunteered to just take my half as well as my ID and carry it all. So only one of us looks deformed. LOL!

I dread the next leg of the trip... our flight is 13 hours 45 minutes! I don't know why I had it in my head that it was 12 hours. At least our seats are better on the next flight! I keep getting so excited! I tear up still when I begin to comprehend how close we are! It's surreal that we are truly to this point!

No comments: