Sunday, June 13, 2010

Mommy’s Garden Helper

 

This afternoon Lexi and I braved the heat and went to my school garden.  I knew the plants needed some water badly and I knew there were some veggies in need of being picked.  I only snapped one picture of Lexi because it was just so hot I couldn’t wait to get her out of the heat.  While there we even dug up some of the red potatoes that we had out there in planting bags.  They are ready teachers! (let’s see who reads the blog and calls me for potatoes!) I’d say each bag has about 5-6 pounds of potatoes.  Lexi had a great time washing all the veggies once we got home. It’s too bad the second graders aren’t in school to see their potatoes.

June 173

June 175

These are just some of today’s harvest.  We had a lot more potatoes!  Too bad Lexi doesn’t really like potatoes, cucumbers, tomatoes, or any of these veggies. We keep offering them to her though. 

Thankfully Lexi didn’t put herself to bed tonight but she did rush us out of her room at bedtime.  She thinks she is such a big girl.  If only we could make some headway with the potty training.  LOL! 

1 comment:

mhsands said...

Those all look so good! Summertime yummmm!