Monday, June 07, 2010

What goes around comes BACK around!



Yesterday was our last day with Brennen.  He was a bit moody, probably missing his Mommy, Daddy, and brother.  The hard part was getting things ready for workers to come today to begin laying ceramic tile in the Study.  I had been working on stuff all week but we still had to move everything OUT of the study.  John came over to help move the heavy desk and later about 11:00 pm, Sara and Chris made it to home to get Brennen.  We were sad to see him go but also relieved to just have ONE to worry about.  

Then this morning came fast.  I woke up to "I want my Mommy..." instead of the usual "Mommy, Mommy... wake up!" I immediately knew something was not right and went to Lexi.  Sure enough, she was burning up with fever.  I guess Christopher Evan got it, gave it to Brennen, who then passed it to Lexi (let's HOPE it ends there!)!.  I swear Lj is JUST like me when she is sick. She wants those she loves to be near her or better yet right there WITH her.  I did have to end up letting Mom come get her though once the ceramic guy showed up.  It was too noisy and too much going on for a sickly one.  She was very happy to go with Mom and I knew she was in good hands.  I hated to do it but I knew it would be best if she were to get any rest at all. 

I went and got her after they left and at that point her fever was spiking to 103 degrees.  I still could not get her to drink or eat much of anything but she perked up once her Daddy came home.  I had him bring home Motrin to alternate with the Tylenol and within 30 minutes the Motrin broke the fever.  Hopefully, she is over the worst.  She still will have to spend a lot of time with Mom, Dad, and Richard over the next few days as they finish the floors. We are redoing the study and Lexi's room.  I can't wait to get all the carpet out of our house!  

Now, Geoff is going through stacks of paperwork to be either filed or shredded.  After we finish with this summer's "spring cleaning" we may finally have a good system going.  That's a big MAYBE!

Photobucket

3 comments:

mhsands said...

What, no pictures? Oh well...

I certainly wish I was getting rid of the carpet at my house; but, doesn't look like that is happening anytime soon! :(

sfennell said...

Poor Lexi J...hope she feels better soon.

Wanda, Geoff and Lexi said...

There you go! I edited it with the picture. I was just too lazy to add it last night.